A place for random bloggery

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Convention

So, okay. The convention went well. It was really crowded, like, REALLY crowded, but I managed. I later found out that the fire marshall had to shut down ticket sales due to the number of people. When did this happen? Noon. Two hours after the doors opened. Once again, I manage to slip in just as the doors are closing.

I was able to finally get to sleep Friday night, and managed to wake up and get ready in time to meet Lee on Saturday morning. I was, in fact, early. This has never happened to me before, and caused my friend Rob who came with me to nearly faint in surprise. He has been telling me to be places an hour before I really need to for the past 15 years. That way, when I show up a half-hour late, I'm actually early. This time, I was genuinely early, and we were both a little frightened.

Anyway, Lee and I had a nice conversation, and it was decided that I will be doing some rewrites for the "Warrior's Honor" script I wrote for them oh so many years ago. I'm looking forward to that, as I'm not so pleased with how that one turned out.

After we parted ways with Lee, my friend Rob and I made our way into the con, where we separated, me to go about pimping my books, he to go in search of Aquaman sketches. I found about 7 or 8 publishers who were taking submissions and gave each of them a Defender sample and a business card. Some also got copies of Ironstar. I bought a few books that looked interesting, including We Can't All and Some of Us Don't by Tara Heusner and Yan Wu. I'm looking forward to reading more by them. I also picked up Abiding Perdition published by Markosia, which is a rather interesting reimagining of the Little Red Riding Hood story and the first book of Neotopia from Antarctic Press. This book is also kick-ass, and if you like what I've been doing with Amorlia, you will likely enjoy this book too.

Then I met up with Rob by the DC Comics booth, and we left. All-in-all, a very productive convention. I feel confident that my shameless self-promotion will lead to something, but we shall see. Thanks to everyone who wished me well, and I will keep you all posted as events warrant.

Oh, and Rob managed to score two Aquaman sketches.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

I'm glad everything turned out good. I'll think positive thoughts for you.

9:00 PM

 
Blogger Xmichra said...

Excellent! Glad you did your promoting, hope you get something huge out of it!
Neopia? I am thinking f neopets when you say this. Tell me I am way off.. neopets was a sickness I overcame. i got sick (not bad, just a cold) and played the damn thing out of bordome. Then I was hooked.. and I have not done anything neopet related since. Just incase *wink*

11:21 PM

 
Blogger Lola Starr said...

Glad to hear it turned out well! :)

8:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home