A place for random bloggery

Saturday, February 18, 2006

How I Spent My Morning

I was filming a music video in a gorilla suit.

Yes. You read that right. An actual music video for this band, shot by these fine fellows. From what I hear, it is going to be on Fuse, if you get that channel. If so, and you're watching some night in the nearish future and you see a video for The Spill Canvas that features a bunch of people on an elevator, I'm the guy in the gorilla suit.

How did I end up the guy in the gorilla suit? Simple. I'm sleeping with the director. Well, okay, no. We're friends, however, and I've had fun goofing around in his films and whatnot before (no, not that sort of film, what is with you people and your godless perversions?), and he called me last week and asked if I wanted to be in a music video.

"Of course," I answered.

"Do you want to be in a music video wearing a gorilla suit?"

"Do you even have to ask me that question?"

And so I can cross both "be in a music video" and "wear gorilla suit" off my list of things to do before I die, and I got them both out of the way at once.

As to how it was, it was fun. The folks at Grey Sky Films are professionals of the highest order, so there were all sorts of large impressive cameras and lights, important fellows holding microphones, wires, cords, people with clipboards, actors, etc. That said, that also means they do lots of takes of different shots from different angles and all sorts of filmmakery whatnot. This all translated into me standing under big bright impressive-looking lights inside an elevator with eight other people while wearing a gorilla suit.

It was a trifle warm.

But that was okay by me. I was happy to sweat my ass off this morning.

Why?

Because now I have a story that starts, "When I was filming a music video in a gorilla suit..."

3 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

That's awesome! Now I have to go figure out if I get that channel. Because then I can say "I know that guy in the video wearing the gorilla suit!"

Not nearly as exciting as being in the gorilla suit, but I take what I can get. :)

11:42 PM

 
Blogger Xmichra said...

that's excellent!!! Great start to a story indeed!

11:08 AM

 
Blogger Lola Starr said...

How extremely cool!

9:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home