A place for random bloggery

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Fun With Books

Found this over at Kat's blog. It looked fun, so I decided to play.

Rules:

1. Grab the nearest book

2. Open the book to page 123

3. Find the fifth sentence

4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences (#5,6,7) on your blog, along with these instructions.

5. Don’t you dare dig for that “cool” or “intellectual” book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it. Just grab what is closest. No cheating.

"After this," he said, "there is nothing. Void. Emptiness. Oblivion. Absolute nothing..."

From The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams, which I am currently re-reading for the Nth time. I know that's technically more than 3 sentences, but since most of those sentences are one word each, I figured I'd just finish out the line of dialogue.

And this has nothing to do with anything, but I found this online the other night and thought it was awesome. If you're a Firefly fan, check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/w/The-River-Tam-Sessions?v=mrKE62vlJ4o&search=Firefly

4 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Just had to sneak the Firefly link in there didn't you? lol. I don't think I have any books I've reread that much. Maybe some of Anne Rice's.

8:07 PM

 
Blogger bubbles said...

sounds like a book my husband would like. I will play soon myself....just want the current post to circulate a little first! HAve a good night! BTW....were you able to play in the snow with your daughter?

8:08 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

The snow just got started, but they're saying we're going to get hammered, so I anticipate much playing tomorrow.

8:16 PM

 
Blogger Xmichra said...

I have read that one as well.. the whole series is awesome! Did you see the movie of hitchhiker?? what did you think? I found it mildly funny (but I knew what was going on) and my husband hated it (had no idea wtf was going on).

Cool firefly link!! That river sure is nifty.

8:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home