A place for random bloggery

Friday, February 17, 2006

The Velvet Brain Hammer

Well, I think HNT has been at the top of this blog long enough. And, as it's Friday just before quitting time (here on the US east coast), I figure this post is rather appropriate.

This is a drink I've concocted, much to the delight of many of my friends. It is rather simple to make, best done by the pitcher, and even comes with a warning. The warning is this:

This drink lives up to its name. It goes down smooth, but will smash your brain to jelly.

The recipe:

1 750mL bottle of rapsberry vodka

1 40 oz bottle of Smirnoff Ice Triple Black. If the 40 oz bottle cannot be found, 3 12 oz bottles will do (you won't miss the extra 4 oz).

1 bottle of rapsberry Tropicana Twister (I've tried other juices for this, and TT is the best yet, though substitutions can be made if necessary - just stick to rapsberry or some form of generic berry - fruit punch is a bit too sweet, I've found).

Combine in pitcher with ice. Drink.

Enjoy! And by all means, please let me know how you like it.

7 Comments:

Blogger Xmichra said...

sounds awesome! I don't know if I really invented this shot, but no one i know had ever had it before i made it;

1oz gold Shlauger
1oz oban (or another 10yr scotch)
shake with ice, pour out and drink.
I called it a delayed blast fireball (good D7D refrence). it's actually quite good, but packs a whallop!

5:02 PM

 
Blogger Kat said...

That sounds a bit too strong for me. I'm such a lightweight.

7:33 PM

 
Blogger Xmichra said...

i have the questions up at my site.. so hope they aren't to evil!

11:51 AM

 
Blogger Xmichra said...

hmm, i forgot you don't allow other comments, so just incase xmichra.epy.org

11:51 AM

 
Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

I might just have to mix up a batch of the. I have Xmichra to thank for finding you.

2:31 PM

 
Blogger Xmichra said...

i have issues with a keyboard.. sorry!!
xmichra.eppy.org

your blog doesn't allow annonymous comments, so I can only log on with blogger. otherwise i would just link to my site ;)

2:55 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

It's delicious. You can barely taste the alcohol, and yet, there's so much of it. ;)

9:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home