A place for random bloggery

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Howdy

Well, I've been mulling this over a while now, and Kat suggested I do this weeks ago, but I was tagged today by Simon, so I figured I couldn't put it off any longer. This blog will be where I post all the stuff that wouldn't fit onto my other blogs, Spontaneous Fiction and Hemisphere Studios. It will be a place for me to participate in memes, games of blog tag and surveys, as well as any and all random bits of bloggery. I may even toss a rant or two up here, should I find myself with something to say, and no streetcorner handy to shout it from.

So, for my first post, I will share with you Five Things You Didn't Know About Me:

1. I am a shameless flirt. Okay, it's possible some of you may already know this. Likely, because I've flirted with you. But if you only know me online, then you have only had the smallest taste of what I can be like. Just to be clear, I'm not predatory or anything, I just really like flirting with pretty girls. And I seem to have a knack for meeting them. Case in point, all the beautiful women I've met through my other blog. See? I'm doing it right now, and you aren't even talking to me.

2. I love costume dramas. While I'm a sucker for anything with spaceships and/or rayguns in it, and I'm a big fan of good comedies, I will watch anything set in a historical era, particularly if it's a romance. Sense and Sensibility is one of my top 5 movies of all time.

3. I can't hold my liquor worth a damn any more. Back in the day, I could drink like it was my job. I'd go to parties in high school and college, and I'd pour beer and hard liquor down my throat until the sun came up. Once, I even funneled straight rum. It was on a dare, you see, and I was 17. Sadly, those days are long gone. The last time I attempted serious drinking, I ended up passing out on the dance floor at my friends' wedding reception and was hungover for a day and a half. Oh, and before passing out, I made quite the colossal ASS of myself. Think breakdancing. No, not The Robot. Think spazzier.

4. I slept with a night-light until I was 15, and am still afraid of the dark. Not as much as I once was, but dark rooms (particularly basements) still freak me right the hell out.

5. In my teens, I cheated death twice. I'll post the details another time, but I will say that only one situation involved drugs and/or alcohol.

And those are 5 things you didn't know about me. There's more, but nothing I'm quite up to sharing on a blog using my real name. This blog will update sporadically as events warrant.

4 Comments:

Blogger purplesime said...

Thank you, Chris. What an insight!

I won't comment on your choices just yet, I'm more interested in the ones you haven't told us about!

I'll be back to comment again. Of that you can be sure. First I need to read the next Spontaneous Fiction post.

purplesimon out...

5:17 AM

 
Blogger Kat said...

Ok, I knew number 1. lol As for number 4, we I still have nightlights everywhere! And I purposely bought a house with NO basement. They are like tombs! Number 5 sounds serious, glad you cheated it.

8:01 AM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

hey welcome to blogging! i saw your URL on my sitemeter stats so not sure if it was you that visited me or someone was here and then came over... regardless.. .welcome to the blogging world... it's fun and addictive!

8:09 PM

 
Blogger Sideways Chica said...

#4 - sounds like you're actually a dash claustrophobic, as I am.

11:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home