A place for random bloggery

Friday, February 10, 2006

Anything Answers

So, I've gotten some questions and since I'm not posting to the novel tonight, I figure it's a good time to answer some.

Kat asks:

How tall are you? 5'10".

Do you have one of those funny Jersey accents? Yes and no. While I'm sure if you're not from NJ, I probably sound Joisey-ish, it's not, like, guest-star-on-the-Sopranos level.

Do you have anything pierced?(don't mention anywhere real private though) Two hoops in my left ear. I'm not so much a fan of the pain, which I understand comes with piercing the rest of you.

Any tattoos? (again, private is private) One. On my arm. As for what it's of, I'll post a picture of it next Thursday.

Is that enough? Uhhh, pudding? (I usually use this when I have no idea what the answer is - I used it here for laughs :) )


Tanya asked:

What is the best advice you have ever been given in regard to:

1. writing? The virtues of brevity.

2. Life? If you want to dance, you have to pay the band. It was my dad's way of reminding me that I could do whatever I wanted in life, but I'd have to either work for it or pay for it. It's part of why I push myself to work hard at my writing. I'm paying the band.

3. love? Sex isn't love.

Who was the greatest teacher you've ever had? My history teacher, sophomore year of high school. My nickname in her class was "Witchy". She was also the mentor for the student teacher who taught my senior year psychology class (she also rocked as a teacher).

Are you living your soul's purpose? Damn near.

Karma asks:

At what age did you start writing? I've been making up stories since I was a kid. I actually wrote as a kid (the fruits of which have fortunately been lost), but most of the time would just convince my friends to act my stories out. I pursued drawing comics for a while, which was still me trying to tell stories, but I have only been actively writing for about 10 years.

What one experience had the most impact on your life? Flying in the space shuttle. No, I'm kidding. That was actually kind of dull. To be honest, cornballish as it sounds, it really was my daughter's birth. I know, I know, I'm obligated, but it honestly is true.

Rayna asks (after throwing my own questions back at me :P I'll answer those later) :

You're so creative that I wonder about your parents. My theory is that they were either completely crazy or absurdly normal. Which? Normal enough to be really good parents, but crazy enough to be cool.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Awesome answers. I am always curious about other bloggers, because we don't see them in person.

I can't believe you are making us wait almost a WEEK to see the tattoo! Don't you leave us hanging enough at the other blog?

11:57 PM

 
Blogger bubbles said...

Great insight to the mind of Chris....and to answer your notion that Kat was having a great time with margherita's....yes both her and Sassy were...Sweet tea for me :( lol ;)

7:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home